Brainfuse HelpNow offers a personalized homework help in core subjects (math, reading, writing, science and social studies) including SAT preparation. Includes live, one-on-tutoring, a Writing Lab, practice tests, and more!
ProQuest Research Library: History|
This resource covers publications on history for researchers of all levels. Subject coverage: civilizations, historical studies, military history, periods & events, US history, and world history. This database can also be searched as part of ProQuest Research Library.
ProQuest Research Library: Social Sciences
This resource covers publications on social science information for researchers of all levels. Subject coverage: sociology, psychology, communications, political science, linguistics, criminology, and education. This database can also be searched as part of ProQuest Research Library.
Note: Access to these databases requires the entire barcode number--or Longview student ID (ask your teacher for info!) from your library card and your pin number. Your pin number is usually the last 4 digits of your phone number. If you are not able to log in with this information, please call us at 360.442.5300 or Ask a Librarian.
- Academy of Achievement: A museum of living history.
- Biography.com: Over 20,000 biographies are available from Biography.
- National Women's Hall of Fame: biographical information on great American women of yesterday and today.
- Proquest: Black Freedom Struggle in the United States: A selection of primary sources. Sponsored by Proquest; no login required.
- EDSITEment: Sponsored by the National Endowment for the Humanities, provides web access to some of the worlds great museums, libraries, cultural institutions, and universities.
- I Remain: This digitally accessible collection represents a range of lives - from ordinary citizens to Presidents, literary luminaries, movie stars, soldiers, and politicians.
- Pacific Northwest History Guide: this guide provides links to the most useful databases and electronic and print resources for researching the history of Pacific Northwest - Washington State, Oregon, Idaho and Alaska. Provided by the University of Washington.
- Washington City and Town Profiles
- Washington Place Names Database: search for place names in Washington, provided by the Tacoma Public Library.
- 50states.com: Facts and maps about all 50 states
- CIA World Factbook: The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities. It includes: maps of the major world regions, as well as Flags of the World, a Physical Map of the World, a Political Map of the World, a World Oceans map, and a Standard Time Zones of the World map.
- Library of Congress Country Studies
Some of the links in the Longview Public Library website lead to outside web pages that are not under the control of the Library or the City of Longview. The Library encourages you to exercise discretion while browsing the Internet. The links to outside pages may direct you to sites containing information that some people may find offensive or inappropriate. The City of Longview makes no representation concerning the accuracy, copyright compliance or legality of material found via links to outside Web pages. Links or references to other information or organizations do not constitute an endorsement by the City of Longview. Every effort has been made to ensure that the information provided on the Longview Public Library's web site is correct. The information is being provided as a public service, and the City of Longview assumes no liability for any inaccuracies that the web site may contain. Communications sent via the Internet or through this Web page shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City of Longview or any of its officers, agents, or employees, where notice to the City is required by any law, rule, regulation, or contract.