You can drop by the Longview Public Library for some one-on-one help, no registration required.
Library staff can assist you with:
Bring your device(s), your questions, and your ideas to our drop-in tech help sessions.
Please arrive with a clear goal of what you would like to learn. Have all necessary passwords and cables to access your accounts and devices. Be sure to bring the device you need help with. If you cannot bring the device, have clear questions about your device and be ready to take notes. We are unable to troubleshoot or fix malfunctioning devices, take apart or replace physical parts on a device, or participate in credit card transactions.
Call 360.442.5300 for more information.
Disclaimer for Assistance with Patron Mobile Devices (PMD)
The Longview Public Library (LPL) provides limited assistance to you with your mobile device free of charge as a public service. The purpose of this service is to assist patrons in accessing LPL electronic resources with his or her mobile device. The service may be altered or withdrawn by LPL at any time at its discretion. By requesting help or assistance from LPL staff, volunteers or interns in operating or troubleshooting your personal e-reader, tablet, laptop or other personal mobile-electronic device, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
* You are the rightful owner of the mobile device.
* You accept and acknowledge that the service could involve certain risks to the device, any data stored on the device and personal information stored on the Internet.
* You understand that it is your responsibility to back up all software, data, and files on the mobile device.
* LPL and its staff, volunteers or interns is neither responsible nor liable for any damage to the device and/or loss, damage, alteration or corruption of any software, data, operating system or files that may result from this service.
* Given the complex and changing nature of computer and information technology, and the general, non-specific, and non-professional nature of the service, there may be omissions, inaccuracies or inconsistencies in information provided to you by staff, volunteers or interns.
* LPL makes no warranty or guarantee of any kind regarding the technology assistance provided.